What We Believe
KIRBY WOODS IS A SOUTHERN BAPTIST CHURCH
Kirby Woods Baptist Church is a cooperating Southern Baptist Church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and supportive of its agencies, boards, and schools.
WHAT WE BELIEVE AT KIRBY WOODS BAPTIST CHURCH
1.We believe that the Bible is verbally inspired by God; therefore, it is infallible and inerrant.
2. We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
3. We believe in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross for man’s sin.
4. We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
5. We believe in the visible and imminent return of Jesus Christ.
6. We believe in a literal Heaven where the saved shall live eternally and in a literal Hell where the lost shall be forever separated from God in torment.
7. We believe that salvation is a gift from God based upon His grace and extended to those who will repent of sin and place their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF KIRBY WOODS BAPTIST CHURCH
We welcome all who visit to worship and fellowship with us at Kirby Woods Baptist Church. If you believe the Lord may be leading you to make Kirby Woods your church home, the following explains how you may do so.
-By Profession of Faith and Baptism
If you will receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and follow Him in baptism by immersion, we rejoice in your relationship with Christ and joyfully receive you as a member.
As a Baptist whose church membership is elsewhere, should God lead you here we will gladly take care of appropriate details for transferring your membership.
-By Baptism from Another Denomination
If you know in your heart that you are saved and want to become a member of Kirby Woods Baptist church, we invite you to join by baptism. This gives testimony of your salvation and your obedience to Christ’s example in baptism.
In the event church membership records are not available for a transfer of membership, or if you were once a Baptist church member but are presently a member of another denomination, we gladly accept you upon your statement of these conditions.
You are invited to respond to any of the above by coming forward during the invitation at the close of each worship service. As a body of believers who love the Lord and are committed to following Him, we look forward to your faithful prayer and participation of our Lord’s work at Kirby Woods Baptist Church.
YOUR MOST IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIP
1. God loves you and created you to have a personal relationship with Him.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent (John 17:3).
2. Our sin separates us from God.
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear (Isaiah 59:2).
3. It is only through Jesus Christ that you can have a personal relationship with God.
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. (Isaiah 53:6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth; and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6).
4. You must personally respond by trusting in and yielding to Jesus Christ as Lord.
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out (Acts 3:19a).
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him (John 3:36).
5. Your trust in Jesus Christ begins a lifelong relationship consisting of His faithfulness to you and your following Him.
For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee (Hebrews 13:5b). As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him (Colossians 2:6).